What’s more dangerous than riding a powerful two-wheeled machine on a busy road without protecting yourself? Your safety should always be your priority. No one can predict the fall, so you should keep yourself protected whenever you ride your motorcycle.
There are tons of safety gears in the markets today for protection, but the main safety gear of all is a motorcycle helmet. The motorcycle helmet act as a barrier for the rider’s head from the impact on the road in case of an accident, and usually, it happens to be the lifesaver for riders.
Therefore, we have listed the best quality helmets for your protection.
We have mentioned some of the best helmets for all different kinds of ridings, which will not only provide you protection but gives you comfort as well.
Outstanding classification, stylish and elegant design, and the highest level of comfort and protection combined in a company whose reliability is as authentic as its logo. Shoei proudly presents the latest version of its legendary flagship lineup, the RF-1400.
RF has been an indispensable part of the motorcycle company since it launched in 1984. Years of research and development have brought build-out in protection, design, convenience, noise cutback, and the high-quality comfort that only Shoei can deliver.
RF-1400 has a fully detachable, washable, and adjustable Max-Dry lining. Its sweat and perspiration wicking speed is twice that of ordinary nylon.
A new feature of the RF series is a suitable positioning locking mechanism that can evenly distribute the protective force on both sides.
The ventilating system of this helmet has three channels to control half a dozen entryways of air to provide you maximum comfort: two within the center, two located in the chin bar, and one on each temple side.
The new sun visor adjustment system is now more smooth and precise than before. It comes in four different sizes.
- Adjustable Sun Visor: The new sun visor adjustment system is now more smooth and precise than before. It comes in four different sizes.
- All-in-one: Years of research and development have brought build-out in protection, design, convenience, noise cutback, and the high-quality comfort that only Shoei can deliver.
- Three Ventilation Channels: The ventilating system of this helmet has three channels to control half a dozen entryways of air to provide you maximum comfort.
If you are a rider using a standard helmet and want to upgrade your helmet, then RF-1400 will be a good option for you. It has a beautiful melting pot with a compact design, smoothness, aerodynamics, ventilation, ease, the highest quality structure, and on top comfort.
When you first look at this helmet, all you see is the massive freight face shield, which Icon refers to as flight shields. It has an injection-molded carbonate shell weighing 3.79 pounds and comes in many different color options and different visor options.
As long as fitting goes on the helmet, it will come in at a long oval shape, which means it will be longer front to back than it is side to side. So make sure to check out the size chart before purchasing it online.
The Airflite has a built-in drop-down visor. Inside the helmet is a dry hydro layer that keeps the helmet comfortable in warm weather. It also has oversized two intake vents on the front to keep plenty of air flowing.
On the safety front, the helmet has DOT, and ECE certified as well as other certifications. Hydra dry lining absorbs moisture, keeping your head dry and cozy. Icon Airflite provides practical functions and radical styling. All these pros of Icon Airflite helmet in 250$ price range is a decent choice to make.
- Durable: Polycarbonate shell that makes it sturdy and durable.
- Anti-fog face shield: This amazing helmet features a fog-free optics shield that makes your view clear.
- Chin curtain: This helmet features chin curtains that allow the air to pass to eliminate fog.
- Secure Ride: To ensure safety, it is designed with a Double-D ring fastener and is certified by DOT and ECE.
- Clear Vision: A fog-free sun visor does not compromise vision.
- Aerodynamic Design: Aerodynamic built makes it ideal for racers.
This beautifully designed helmet adds versatility that allows you to ride every day on the streets. It comes at an affordable price with unique built-in features.
The new Fly Racing Dirt helmet is the second name of safety. This product is specially focused on the safety of the rider. It consists of more than one protective layer and has an adaptive impact control.
The shape of the formula CC helmet itself is designed to withstand the impact in the safest manner possible. Its shape is focused on the protection of the rider in the time of dangerous situations.
The Fly racing formula CC comes with its impact energy cells especially made up of RHEON, a powerful viscous elastic material. With their help, the helmet can absorb the impacts and reduce damage to the skull to keep the brain safe.
More to it, Fly’s helmet is very light and comfortable due to the new cone-head EPS technology, as this technology has lightweight, which means more comfort to the rider.
It also helps absorb the impact forces of all kinds, providing a good suspension between the head and the ground, making it the company’s first line of defense helmet.
- Safe & Secure: The new Fly Racing Dirt helmet is the second name of safety. This product consists of more than one protective layer and has an adaptive impact control.
- RHEON: Its impact energy cells are made up of RHEON, a powerful viscous elastic material that helps absorb the impacts and reduce damage to the skull to keep the brain safe.
- Meets ECE and DOT standards.
Protection and safety while riding a motorcycle should be the priority. The fly-racing formula CC helmet fulfills all these necessities. This helmet provides more safety than other ordinary helmets. As its comfort and lightweight, it is the one to go.
The new Bell’s MIP- multidirectional impact protection system, a system added to this helmet, allows you to manage rational impacts better.
The Bell MX-9 helmet combines Bell’s best road knowledge in a versatile ADV mid-size helmet. This superficial polycarbonate body is available in three different sizes to achieve a smaller footprint and a more complacent fit.
Bell’s rapid ventilation mechanism maintains airflow by pumping cold air in and out of hot and humid air, while replaceable, cleanable linings and cheek pads prevent sweating and germs. MX-9 ADV can convert into a streetwear helmet simply by detaching the sun visor.
The included side capsule replaces the sun visor on the helmet attachment point and looks stylish and elegant. MX-9 is especially for all types of dust protection.
If you are riding in the dirt and need extra protection in the form of glasses, lift your shield and put them on. The truly versatile Bell MX-9 helmet fills up a much-needed niche market, making it an ideal choice for professionals and beginners.
It comes with a five-year warranty.
- MIPS: The new Bell’s MIP- multidirectional impact protection system allows you to manage rational impacts better.
- Lightweight: The Bell Qualifier helmet shell is made of polycarbonate, which makes it lightweight.
- Rapid Ventilation System: Bell’s rapid ventilation mechanism maintains airflow by pumping cold air in and out of hot and humid air.
- Various Body Sizes: This superficial polycarbonate body is available in three different sizes to achieve a smaller footprint and a more complacent fit.
MX-9 adventure helmet is a very standard helmet, but it gives you the rational and energy management system that no other helmets provide at this price rate.
The AGV modular carbon fiber helmet is ready to complete these miles with you. The motion module built for AGV Pista GP R has the same protection level and lightweight structure.
The liner of the helmet is double-sided and reversible so that you can choose the best comfort level according to the weather condition. The face protection device of GT3 is specially made for Pin lock 120 insert lenses to prevent fogging at the racing level. The face protector shield can be easily replaced without any tools.
Inside the helmet, one side of the interior comfort liner is considered Ritmo. This warming material blocks some of the vents and ultimately enhances the warmth retention for cold weather riding. If you flip the liner, it becomes Shalimar, a different material that enhances the cooling factor for hot weather riding.
The chin bar mechanism is done in full 3k carbon fiber, which makes it super strong, that it doesn’t flex at all. It has a rare adjustable wing at the back to be a zero negative force at around 130 miles per hour.
The most interesting thing about this helmet is its weight. It weighs only around three pounds four ounces regardless of any helmet you compare it with.
- Double-Sided and Reversible Helmet Liner: Now, you can choose the best comfort level according to the weather condition.
- Face Protection Shield: The face protection device of GT3 is specially made from Pin lock 120 insert lenses to prevent fogging at the racing level.
- 3k Carbon Fiber: The chin bar mechanism is done in full 3k carbon fiber, which makes it super strong, that it doesn’t flex at all.
- Lightweight: It weighs only around three pounds four ounces regardless of any helmet you compare it with.
A full 3k carbon fiber lightweight helmet specially designed for any riding you are doing. It will not be cheap, but this helmet having so many new features is worth all money.
The Sedici Sistema 2 is a feature-packed product. Its second generation is even more Lightweight with sleek performance and more new, improved features.
Its body is made up of fiberglass, and its shape plays an important role in making the rider’s head easy and comfortable during riding at high speed. It is because of that aramid fiber that is built in the aerodynamic body of the helmet.
The Sedici Sistema’s 2nd generation carried out the new remapped EPS system that intakes the air from the front of the helmet. Air passes through the helmet for both ventilation and coolness for the rider, and then it leaves the helmet through the rear ports of the helmet.
The new generation of Sedici Sistema has a new front hinge that helps to open the front chin bar, and the rider can open both the front shield or front chin bar easily. Due to this mechanism, this helmet achieved both safety certification of ECE and DOT.
From the inside, the helmet is totally moisture resistant with an antibacterial layer from a health perspective.
- Face shield: Protect from all extreme weather in summers and winters.
- Lightweight: The shell is made up of fiberglass that makes it resistant & lightweight.
- Various Shell Sizes: This amazing helmet is available in 6 different sizes that can fit any size.
- Adjustable Vents: For extreme weather conditions, it has an adjustable venting system that helps maintain the temperature so that you can ride in comfort and ease.
For sports, touring, and daily commuting, a helmet-like Sedici Sistema 2 is ideal. The looks, safety, and comfort level of this helmet are up to the standards. Sedici Sistema 2 has both DOT and ECE safety certificates for more safety, so it is a great option to consider.
The XD-4 is a premium quality helmet with a price range of 600-620 dollars. Arai XD4 is one of the best travel helmets on the world-renowned market. It also has a DOT and Snell safety certification that only a few helmet companies have received.
The XD4 has the same outstanding features as other Arai helmets, including a comfortable inner lining and cheek pads. They offer a facial contour system that allows you to make adjustments so that you can peel off about 5mm of space on the inside of the cheek pad.
It also has an adjustable chin curtain that is not removable, but you can make adjustments to fine-tune the amount of airflow coming from the inside of the helmet.
The helmet shell of the XD4 helmet has also been sleekly adjusted together with a removable floating sun visor to direct air to the updated vents to improve overall ventilation and prevents cushion shocks at high speeds.
All the shells of this helmet are hand-made from Japan. Fibers used to make this shell are incredibly strong and lightweight, which adds a lot of integrity to the overall shell. This helmet weighs 3 pounds and 10 ounces. That makes it very lightweight.
- Lightweight & Portable: This helmet weighs 3 pounds and 10 ounces, making it lightweight & portable.
- Strong shell: Fibers used to make this shell are incredibly strong and lightweight, which adds a lot of integrity to the overall shell.
- The comfortable inner lining and cheek pads offer a facial contour system that helps make adjustments so that you can peel off about 5mm of space on the inside of the cheek pad.
- Safety Certified: Certified by Snell and DOTS
For those of you adventure riders out there. A premium quality helmet with a very comfortable interior with other quality features is an ideal choice.
Scorpion redefines this market segment by combining the best performance of traveling helmets with all-around off-road helmets.
The Scorpion EXO-AT950 is a multifunctional helmet in the world of helmets. It has an adjustable chin shield that makes it more breathable.
More it, this helmet has an ever-clear anti-fog protector and foldable speed view inner sun visor to ensure clear vision and prepare for every curve.
The Ellip-Tec system uses elliptical motion to produce a 7.6 mm stroke, reliably pressing the screen against the eyelet, ensuring proper sealing, and allowing replacement of the screen within a few seconds without needing any tools.
When you are on the highway, you can easily remove the sun visor to provide you an aerodynamic structure that allows you to go out at full speed.
Cheek pads of this helmet suit goggles and KwikWick II padding ensure absolute comfort, even if the daylight conditions change.
LG’s advanced polycarbonate housing is lightweight, durable, and provides maximum displacement in any accidents.
It comes in different shell sizes and with up to a warranty of five years. This helmet has a DOT-approved safety rating.
- Flip-up chin bar: Scorpion Exo helmet has a flip-up chin bar which we can easily raise and lower.
- Face shield: The face shield of this helmet is prepared with a pin lock, and a lens is inserted to keep the road in front of us clear in insight.
- Comfort liners: KwikWick II comfort liners are washable and anti-microbial.
- Ventilation system: Its exhaust and intake vents offer adequate airflow.
You cannot find any better helmet in the price range of only 300$ built for off-road and street riders. It is an ideal helmet with all the quality features and an affordable price range.
Bell race star flex the highest-rated product on our list. The category which it focuses on is comfort.
Out of other stock helmets in the market, the bell race star flex is ten percent lighter and consists of brand new speaker pockets with its triple-density high-quality comfy cheek pads. As it has carbon fiber, its weight reduces drastically.
The extended wind tunnel was used in its development, and it is also a track-tested product. Its design is very improved from its previous generation, which now features a super-light carbon shell. Wide road visibility and its brilliant unmatched three-layer protection can stop all three kinds of impact.
The be race star flex now has a new Panavision protint shield that can adjust its condition according to the light situations, which means it can turn dark in daylight, so sun rays don’t pass through and make it clear in low light for better viewing. Having a Panavision protint shield and a carbon-fiber body makes it look so modern and stylish.
- Lightweight: The Bell Race star helmet shell is made of polycarbonate, which makes it lightweight.
- Various Shell Sizes: There are three shell sizes available for this helmet: SM, MD, LG.
- Fog-Resistant: The breath deflector is added to it to banish the fog factor on the helmet’s visor.
- Triple Density Cheek pads: Triple-density, high-quality comfy cheek pads ensure comfort in style.
- UV-Resistant: It has a clear and dark smoke face shield that provides you better visibility and protects you from the sunlight.
- Safety Certified: Safety approved by ECE & DOT.
The bell race flex is a lightweight helmet that can be useful for people who don’t want bulky helmets on their heads. There is certainly no better option than the Bell Race flex DLX helmet due to its lightweight and comfort.
The EXO-R1 is the most convenient helmet for the Scorpion track. EXO-R1 Air has proven itself in the race and has been improved to provide many convincing features for all driving styles.
EXO-R1 Air uses a unique glass fiber blend with strong strength, lightweight, and excellent impact dispersion.
The structure of the helmet has been smoothly adjusted to reduce pulling and lifting. In addition to the patented Ellip-Tec ratchet hinge system, Scorpion has added a halfway locking system to the front panel to ensure that the seal is maintained even at maximum speeds.
The inner lining of this helmet, made of polystyrene foam of different densities, has channels that guide the airflow from a large air inlet at the front and supported by the four outlets at the back.
AirFit system provides a unique custom fit for greater comfort and sound insulation. You get two different face shields, a dark smoke face shield, and a clear face shield.
It has a built-in speaker pocket to hold Bluetooth speakers. All of this in an affordable price range.
- Ventilation System: The ventilation system causes the hot air exhaust out of the helmet. It helps the rider to stay cool in hot weather.
- UV-A & UV-B Resistant: It comes with a clear shield that resists 100% UV-A and UV-B.
- User-friendly: Kiwikfit cheek pads let the rider take the glasses on and off easily. The chin bar can be easily elevated or lowered as per requirement.
- Warranty: One of the best things about it is that this helmet promises a five-year warranty along with.
Scorpion EXO-R1 Air helmet is an overall quality product in a very affordable price range. This helmet has all the safety features, looks great, has a great tight fit, and doesn’t cost much.
Things To Consider When Buying A Motorcycle Helmet
Do you care about your safety and are about to buy a motorcycle helmet? Then stop for a minute and read this. If you want to buy a protective and comfortable helmet, then there are several factors and features that you should check that the helmet you are about to purchase contains.
When it comes to motorcycle helmets, safety is on top of the list. It would be best if you buy the helmets that give you the protection you require. To make sure that the helmet is safe, you should check that the helmet you are about to buy has passed local regulation, like for America it should have passed DOT (Department of Transportation), for Europe ECE (Economic Commission for Europe), and other regulation of other areas.
A good motorcycle helmet is made up of good materials. Many materials are used for manufacturing helmets, but we found the best materials for helmets despite all of them.
Polycarbonates are thermoplastics polymers that contain groups of carbonates in their chemical structure. These are also known as PC. They are used in engineering. These are strong materials, and some are also transparent.
Thermoplastics are (plastic) polymer materials that become moldable at a certain temperature and become hard when they are cooled.
- Carbon Fiber
Carbon Fiber is also known as hardened steel. This material is heated then quenched by tempering, which results in forming a very hard and strong material that is not scratch-able.
Fit and Comfy
If you want your helmet to be comfortable and fit, then there are a lot of factors that you should check. Some of them are:
- Head: You should first note the size of your head and go to the shop or market and select your helmet.
- Customizable: You should check that the helmet is customizable because often, helmets come with a removable section.
- Weight: When it comes to comfort, the thing that matters is the weight of the helmet. The lighter the helmet, the more comfortable it is.
Why do I need a motorcycle helmet?
You will require a motorcycle helmet for your safety because motorcycle helmets protect your head from brain injuries that are caused due to road accidents. It protects people when their vehicle crash with another by reducing the effect/damage, so if you want to protect yourself from mental disabilities, you will require a motorcycle helmet.
Does wearing a helmet have any disadvantages?
Wearing a helmet has many advantages as well as disadvantages. The helmet protects your head from brain injuries that a very big advantage, but the disadvantages are also equal. If you wear a helmet for a long time, it may cause dandruff and sweating, leading to skin rashes, and if there is friction between your forehead and your helmet, it might cause an infection.
How much does a motorcycle helmet cost?
Motorcycle helmets are expensive if you want a good and durable helmet then. An average motorcycle helmet then it will cost you around 100-250$. The cost of a motorcycle helmet depends on how much research has been done on the technology and cool-looking design of the helmet.
How does a motorcycle helmet protect your head?
Wearing a motorcycle helmet protects our head from injuries because the hard and unscratched outer layer of metal scatters the energy of impact. The inner padding of EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) foam increases the duration of the strong impacting force, which reduces the chances of brain damage.
Is a helmet legally required to ride a bike?
Yes, in most areas, it is a law that young motorcycle riders should use a motorcycle helmet because they are not so skilled in this activity, and they should wear a helmet, so in case of a road accident, they could stay safe and not get their brains damaged.
What are the best motorcycle helmets?
Many helmets offer amazing protection. But despite all of them, we found the top 3 helmets for you:
Wearing a helmet can reduce damage to the brain and head during a collision. The helmet act as an impact absorber of crash forces that were direct to the head. It acts as a cushion to the head and saves the person from fatal brain injuries that can lead to permanent disabilities and sometimes even death.
Motorcyclists who don’t wear helmets on the road are at a much higher fatal risk as the crashes are costly and preventable. The helmets that do not have strap locked do fall at the time of the collision, so make sure you are wearing your helmet firmly and protect your life.