One of the major causes for the riders leading to death is not wearing a helmet while riding. Head injuries are always considered serious and may cause you permanent brain damage as well. It can only be prevented by using a helmet. Helmets will keep you safe from face and head injuries in case of any dangerous accident.
Many research pieces have been made that tell that wearing a helmet has reduced the number of mishaps and keeps the bikers safe. We have made expert research on helmets and suggest you some of the best ones in the market.
Top 7 Motorcycle Helmets Under $200
If you are searching for the best motorcycle helmets in the market, be at ease as we will provide you some of the best review-based motorcycle helmets.
AGV K1 helmet is the overall best product in the market. This product perfectly fits all of your requirements.
This helmet is DOT certified, which means that it is legally approved to use without danger. It can be easily washed as it has a completely removable and washable inner structure and cheek pads. It is made up of Dry-lex fabric.
The K1 has a double-D chain ring fastener which creates a tight strip that is very resistible. In any case, if the helmet is being pulled, it will not get off because of the D-ring fastener.
The product is designed contoured around the base to reduce the chances of your collarbone injuries. This helmet is specifically designed in an aerodynamic shape.
The shield of the K1 helmet is easy to remove with no use of a tool in seconds. Any scratches can’t affect its shield. The inner of the helmet is washable and removable. The shield provides 100% UV resistance.
- Safety Certified: This helmet is DOT certified, which means that it is legally approved to use without danger.
- Washable: Made up of Dry-lex fabric and can easily be washed as it has a completely removable and washable inner structure and cheek pads.
- Various Shell and EPS Sizes: Comes with two shell sizes and 4 EPS sizes that can fit every size.
- D-ring Fastener: The K1 has a double-D chain ring fastener which creates a tight strip that is very resistible.
- Aerodynamic Design: This helmet is specifically designed in an aerodynamic shape and contoured around the base to reduce the chances of your collarbone injuries.
To sum up the details of the K1 helmet with the results that it is the most rated product in the market with perfect features in it. We have researched the best products, and we highly recommend you have this one.
Scorpion EX-R420 Helmet is made for racing. This helmet has so many features for bikers fond of racing and looking for a perfect helmet. The Scorpion helmet is the highest-rated product in the market.
This product is easy to wash and clean. The interior of this helmet is made of anti-microbial fabric, which keeps you cool in warm weather and hot in the cold.
Moreover, this helmet will also get you rid of wearing glasses because it is sometimes quite uncomfortable to wear them. The cheek pads of this helmet will let you wear the built-in glasses on and off.
Scorpion helmet protects the rider from head and neck injuries. You can get the best protection with this helmet.
Let us tell you more about the size of the helmet shell. This helmet comes in 2 shell sizes (XS-MD, LG-3XL). More to it is that this device has speaker pockets that let you listen to the sounds around.
Moving on to its ventilation system. The ventilation system is composed to permit airflow to the rider’s head while keeping the noise level low. Also, it is SNELL and DOT approved.
- Ventilation System: The ventilation system is composed to permit airflow to the rider’s head while keeping the noise level low.
- Washable & Anti-Microbial Fabric: The interior of this helmet is easy to wash and clean and made of anti-microbial fabric, which keeps you cool in warm weather and hot in the cold.
- Various Shell Sizes: Comes with two shell sizes, i.e., XS-MD & LG-3XL
- Speaker Pockets: Comes with speaker pockets that let you enjoy the ride with music playing in your ears.
- Safety Certified: Safety approved by SNELL & DOT.
To sum up, we would suggest you this product as it contains so many amazing features. It is the highest-rated product in the market, a perfect one to buy with a no-brainer.
The Built Force Helmet is the best-rated product in the market. It is customized specially for the riders to keep them safe for long rides.
The shell of this helmet is made of polycarbonate, and it is more strong. When it comes to its styling, it is colored with solid paint with double matte finishing.
A double D-ring is applied to fasten the shield and keep it secure. There is a ventilation system fitted in it that can be opened/closed for better airflow. The shield of the BILT Force helmet is easily replaceable.
There is an extra feature containing a shield that can be easily flipped down. This shield keeps the vision clear in the bright sunlight. It helps the biker to ride the motorcycle smoothly without any irritation.
Another important thing about this helmet is that it is DOT and ECE approved. It means that it is now safer to use it for off-road rides. This helmet is made for the ease of the riders. The details about this helmet are all that you need for your safety.
- Polycarbonate Shell: The shell of this helmet is made of polycarbonate, which makes it more strong and sturdy.
- D-ring Fastener: Comes with a double-D chain ring fastener which creates a tight strip that is very resistible.
- Replaceable Shield: The shield of the BILT Force helmet is easily replaceable.
- Safety Certified: Safety approved by ECE & DOT.
It is very important to have safety along with you while going out for rides. This helmet is a must-have as it keeps you safe all your way and provides the best it can.
The Bell Qualifier Blackout Helmet is the one that is providing all those standard features at an impressive and affordable price. The Bell Qualifier helmet shell is made of polycarbonate, which makes it lightweight. There are three shell sizes available for this helmet which are SM, MD, LG.
Another benefit of having this helmet is that it has an adjustable ventilation system that comforts and keeps the rider cool in hot weather.
This helmet contains a padded wind collar which efficiently reduces wind and noise levels on the road. There is a chin curtain that keeps the rider shielded from the cold. It has speaker pockets in it as well. Plus, this product is DOT and ECE certified.
The breath deflector is added to it to banish the fog factor on the visor of the helmet. More about this helmet is that it has a clear and dark smoke face shield which provides you better visibility while protecting you from the sunlight.
The most amazing thing about the Black Qualifier Helmet is that it gives you a five-year warranty promise.
- Lightweight: The Bell Qualifier helmet shell is made of polycarbonate, which makes it lightweight.
- Various Shell Sizes: There are three shell sizes available for this helmet: SM, MD, LG.
- Fog-Resistant: The breath deflector is added to it to banish the fog factor on the helmet’s visor.
- UV-Resistant: It has a clear and dark smoke face shield that provides you better visibility and protects you from the sunlight.
- Safety Certified: Safety approved by ECE & DOT.
Winding up the detailing to conclude that this product has perfect features with an impressive cost that you can afford. We highly recommend you to have this product if you are looking for all those standard features at a reasonable price.
HJC CL-17 helmet is designed to keep the biker cool in hot weather circumstances. This helmet has some specific features which are needed when going for a ride.
This helmet is lightweight made of polycarbonate using CAD technology, which provides comfort to the rider. This helmet is easy to carry along as its shell is made lightweight.
Its shield is 95% UV resistant and gives proper visibility to the rider even in the bright sunlight. A side face lock is placed to hold the shield tight in place to keep it secure. Another great feature about the shield is that you can easily replace it without using any tool. The closing system of the shield is made in a manner that it can be opened/closed just by a touch.
Moving on the inner side of the HJC helmet is made of a breathable, anti-bacterial piece of very cool fabric. The best part about this helmet is that the top crown and cheek pads can be customized according to the size that fits you. These two parts are easy to wash and adjust.
Moreover, this helmet is DOT and SNELL 2015 standards certified and comes in different sizes like 3XL-5XL are DOT certified only.
- Lightweight: HJC CL-17 helmet is lightweight made of polycarbonate using CAD technology, which provides comfort to the rider.
- UV-Resistant Shield: The helmet’s shield is 95% UV resistant and gives proper visibility to the rider even in the bright sunlight.
- Customizable: The top crown and cheek pads can be customized according to the size that fits you.
- Safety Certified: Safety approved by SNELL & DOT.
Overall this helmet is one of the best products in the market. We recommend you this as it is easy to carry with you and provides all necessary features.
The Scorpion EXO-AT950 helmet is one of the most reliable helmets. These helmets are a perfect go for riding off the road.
Features like lightweight and strong are kept under observation while designing this helmet. This helmet is made to meet the right needs of the riders.
The ventilation system causes the hot air exhaust out of the helmet. It helps the rider to stay cool in hot weather. Plus, it comes with a clear shield that resists 100% UV-A and UV-B.
The shield of this helmet resists the fog. It doesn’t allow the fog to stay on the shield. The screen can’t be scratched, and it is hard coated. There is a wider vision area of (11cm) through which you can have the downward vision.
Kiwikfit cheek pads let the rider take the glasses on and off easily. The chin bar can be easily elevated or lowered as per requirement.
More about this helmet is that it has communication speaker pockets fixed in it. The helmet’s visor is made foldable. One of the best things about it is that this helmet promises a five-year warranty along it.
- Ventilation System: The ventilation system causes the hot air exhaust out of the helmet. It helps the rider to stay cool in hot weather.
- UV-A & UV-B Resistant: It comes with a clear shield that resists 100% UV-A and UV-B.
- User-friendly: Kiwikfit cheek pads let the rider take the glasses on and off easily. The chin bar can be easily elevated or lowered as per requirement.
- Warranty: One of the best things about it is that this helmet promises a five-year warranty along with.
Summarizing the details with the conclusion that Scorpion helmets are the best-selling device. We highly recommend you this device as it gives you a five-year warranty with so many amazing features.
The Sedici Strada helmet is the one which is a bundle of features designed specifically to enhance your riding experience.
Its fiberglass shell is made to toughen the helmet and make it stronger. This strong shell keeps the rider safe from any severe head or face injury. It is lightweight, which means you can take it with you anywhere.
Plus, it has two types of finishing. One is glossy, and the other one is matte. You can choose between these two according to your taste.
Moving on to its outer face shield, which is not harmed by any scratches. Also, the fog doesn’t stay over the shield, which helps the rider have a clear vision.
The inner sun shield is easy to turn over while riding. The chin and crown of the Sedici helmet are designed to have a better ventilation system. It allows an improved airflow through the helmet.
- Lightweight and Durable: Its lightweight fiberglass shell is made to toughen the helmet and make it stronger.
- Secure Ride: This strong shell keeps the rider safe from any severe head or face injury.
- Anti-scratchable & Anti-fog Shield: Features Anti-scratchable & Anti-fog Shield, which helps the rider have a clear vision.
- Better Ventilation System: The chin and crown of the Sedici helmet are designed to have a better ventilation system. It allows an improved airflow through the helmet.
This helmet has an anti-bacterial liner of 5mm, which is also adjustable and can be washed or removed without facing any difficulty. This helmet is also DOT and ECE-22.05 standards approved.
Thinsg To Consider Before Buying Motorcycle Helmets
Do you care about your safety and are about to buy a motorcycle helmet? Then stop for a minute and read this. If you want to buy a protective and comfortable helmet, then there are several factors and features that you should check that the helmet you are about to purchase contains.
When it comes to motorcycle helmets, safety is on top of the list. It would be best if you buy the helmets that give you the protection you require. To make sure that the helmet is safe, you should check that the helmet you are about to buy has passed local regulation, like for America it should have passed DOT (Department of Transportation), for Europe ECE (Economic Commission for Europe), and other regulation of other areas.
A good motorcycle helmet is made up of good materials. Many materials are used for manufacturing helmets, but we found the best materials for helmets despite all of them.
Polycarbonates are thermoplastics polymers that contain groups of carbonates in their chemical structure. These are also known as PC. They are used in engineering. These are strong materials, and some are also transparent.
Thermoplastics are (plastic) polymer materials that become moldable at a certain temperature and become hard when they are cooled.
Carbon steel is also known as hardened steel. This material is heated then quenched by tempering, which results in forming a very hard and strong material that is not scratch-able.
Fit and Comfy
If you want your helmet to be comfortable and fit, then there are a lot of factors that you should check. Some of them are:
You should first note the size of your head and go to the shop or market and select your helmet.
You should check that the helmet is customizable because often, helmets come with a removable section.
When it comes to comfort, the thing that matters is the weight of the helmet. The lighter the helmet, the more comfortable it is.
Why do I need a motorcycle helmet?
You will require a motorcycle helmet for your safety because motorcycle helmets protect your head from brain injuries that are caused due to road accidents. It protects people when their vehicle crash with another by reducing the effect/damage, so if you want to protect yourself from mental disabilities, you will require a motorcycle helmet.
Does wearing a helmet have any disadvantages?
Wearing a helmet has many advantages as well as disadvantages. The helmet protects your head from brain injuries that a very big advantage, but the disadvantages are also equal. Wearing a helmet for a long time may cause dandruff and sweating, leading to skin rashes, and if there is friction between your forehead and your helmet, it might cause an infection.
How much does a motorcycle helmet cost?
Motorcycle helmets are expensive if you want a good and durable helmet then. An average motorcycle helmet then it will cost you around 100-250$. The cost of a motorcycle helmet depends on how much research has been done on the technology and cool-looking design of the helmet.
How does a motorcycle helmet protect your head?
Wearing a motorcycle helmet protects our head from injuries because the hard and unscratched outer layer of metal scatters the energy of impact. The inner padding of EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) foam increases the duration of the strong impacting force, which reduces the chances of brain damage.
Is a helmet legally required to ride a bike?
Yes, in most areas, it is a law that young motorcycle riders should use a motorcycle helmet because they are not so skilled in this activity, and they should wear a helmet, so in case of a road accident, they could stay safe and not get their brains damaged.
What are the best motorcycle helmets Under $200?
Many helmets offer amazing protection. But despite all of them, we found the top 3 helmets for you:
- Sports Modular AGV Helmet
- Bell Qualifier DLX
- Modular Helmet EXO-AT950