Wearing a helmet for a beginner is considered very important. Helmets provide an extra layer of protection over the head and neck of the biker. It allows a safe and smooth ride to the rider. There are risks of severe head and brain injuries while riding a motorcycle. So it is quite safe to wear a helmet.
The number of serious accidents has lessened to a great extent. Researches have shown that helmets are very helpful to have a safe ride off-road. We have done expert research to help you find the best beginner motorcycle helmets. We chose some amazing ones in the category for you.
Top 7 Beginners Motorcycle Helmets
Suppose you are looking for the best beginner motorcycle helmets in the market. Then, be at ease as we will provide you some of the best review-based motorcycle helmets.
The Shoei RF-SR helmet is one of those helmets, which take every possible measure to provide the best riding experience. The shield of this helmet stays firmly over the head. In addition, the Shoei helmet comes in different sizes to make them adjust accordingly.
Let’s talk about its shell design. This helmet is designed in an aerodynamic shape with a multiple-layer EPS that enhances ventilation and absorption. Different shells and EPS liner sizes are available to fit most of the rider’s heads with ease.
There are two upper air intakes for proper ventilation and one lower vent that absorbs the exhaled air from the mouth and prevents fog. In addition, this helmet is designed with high-performance fiber, due to which this helmet is lightweight and rigid.
One of the best things about the Shoei helmet is that its EQRS allows the rider to take off the cheek pads in an accident, instantly avoiding any damage to the rider’s head or neck. In addition, the interior liner of this helmet is easily removable for cleaning.
Rider’s comfort is kept observatory by adding ear pads, a breath guard, and an easily removable chin guard. In addition, there are clips to secure the chin strap.
In addition, there is a rotating dial that allows easy adjustment of the shield without using any tools. A fog-resistant lens is also added to the shield, not allowing fog to stay over the shield.
- Aerodynamically Designed: This helmet is designed in an aerodynamic shape with a multiple-layer EPS that enhances ventilation and absorption.
- Various shells & EPS Sizes: Various shells and EPS liner sizes are available to fit most of the rider’s heads with ease.
- Lightweight & Firm: This helmet is designed with high-performance fiber, due to which this helmet is lightweight and rigid.
- Safe Riding: Its EQRS allows the rider to take off the cheek pads in an accident, instantly avoiding any damage to the rider’s head or neck.
To sum up, the Shoei RF-SR helmet is one of the best products in the market. We highly recommend you to have this helmet for safer rides.
The HJC helmet provides the most secure ride on off-road trips. This helmet is specifically designed to keep you cool.
The shield of the HJC helmet is swiftly replaced without using any tools. In addition, there is ACS (Advanced Channeling System), which allows the front to back airflow, which flushes heat.
The interior of this helmet is supercool made from anti-bacterial fabric. In addition, there is an integrated air deflector included in the HJC helmet.
Moreover, the cheek pads are available in different sizes to make them fit accordingly. The crown and cheek pads are fully detachable and easy to wash.
The best thing about this helmet is that it meets or exceeds DOT and Shell 2015 standards. The HJC helmet in size 3XL-5XL is DOT only. In addition, this helmet provides perfect ventilation and eliminates humidity.
The face shield is easy to open/close just by one touch and ensures a perfect seal, and very tight. This helmet is a perfect one to have.
The HJC helmet shield is designed in a manner to adjust perfectly and provides comfort to the biker.
- Lightweight: The helmet is made lightweight by using CAD technology.
- UV Resistant & Anti-Scratchable: The shield of this helmet provides 100% UV protection, and it is anti-scratchable.
- Well Adjusted Shield: The shield is easily secured with the clips.
- Various Size Cheek Pads: the cheek pads are available in different sizes to make them fit accordingly.
- Safety Approved: Meets DOT and Snell 2015 Standards
Winding up with the note that this product is the highest-rated product in the market. So we highly recommend you to have this helmet with a no-brainer.
The Scorpion EXO helmet is made lightweight. The shell is made of polycarbonate that is SNELL approved.
There is an Ellip- Tec II Ratchet system for easy and quick changes in face shield without using any tools. In addition, the cheek pads are easily removed in an emergency.
The shield gives 100% UV protection and anti- scratchable and abolishes fog. In addition, the shield is easy to remove and wash, and the fabric is anti-bacteria that keeps the rider cool and warm according to the weather conditions.
The cheek pads allow an easy way of taking the glasses on and off. One good point is that it allows easy separation of the cheek pads by the trained medical emergency.
Moreover, the aero-tuned ventilation system allows more airflow while keeping the low noise level. Finally, there is a shield lock that secures the shield tightly.
The Scorpion helmet has speaker pockets as well. The helmet comes in a couple of shell sizes (XS-MD, LG-3XL) that adjust perfectly.
This helmet is SNELL M2015 (XS-2XL only), and DOT approved, where DOT standards are more accurate and diligent. This helmet provides a safer ride, especially for passionate riders.
The helmet gives the best ventilation system. In addition, it has different sizes that you can adjust according to your choice.
You can take the Scorpion to the hilly and rough tracks. This helmet provides the best and flawless riding experience to the rider.
- Speaker Pockets: The Scorpion helmet has speaker pockets for a better ride experience.
- Various Shell Sizes: The helmet comes in several shell sizes (XS-MD, LG-3XL) that adjust perfectly.
- Noiseless & Better Ventilation System: The aero-tuned ventilation system allows more airflow while keeping the low noise level.
- Shield Lock: Comes with a shield lock that secures the shield tightly.
Summarizing the description with the conclusion that this product is the one, which lies under your budget. If you are looking for a reasonable helmet while having all those important features, then the Scorpion helmet is perfect.
The techno 2.0 helmet has a new vast range of DWO-5 Bluetooth technology, which means the range of Bluetooth connectivity is faster than the normal range of devices. So it can help you stay connected with your friends and family.
Bilt Techno 2.0 Sena consists of a control unit outside the helmet; now, you can easily control your calls and music with the help of that.
Techno 2.0 also has a sun shield installed. It is made especially for ventilation as it has a lot of headspace in it, and it is so comfortable so the riders don’t feel any pressure by the helmet and can easily enjoy their ride with comfort.
In the game of battery life, the Bilt Techno is still the champ as it provides a talking time of 7 to 8 hours with a standby time of up to seven days. The Bluetooth system on this helmet can even be used on voice commands, so you don’t have to worry about touching or changing music. You can use your voice now.
The Navigation system of this helmet is one of the best systems available due to the clearness of its voice and battery life.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Comes with a DWO-5 Bluetooth technology, which means the range of Bluetooth connectivity is longer than the normal range of devices.
- Bilt Techno 2.0 Sena: Comes with a control unit outside the helmet that can easily control your calls and music.
- Ventilation System: It has a lot of headspace in it for ventilation.
- Comfortable: It is also very comfortable, and the rider does not feel any pressure by the helmet and can easily enjoy his ride with comfort.
Bilt Techno 2.0 is the one if you’re looking for a beginner Bluetooth helmet with a budget-friendly price as it provides every feature that every good Bluetooth helmet should have.
Bell Qualifier DLX is the best beginner helmet for you to enjoy your ride with protection and safety. The Qualifier DLX is the new upgraded version of its predecessor, the standard Bell Qualifier.
It comes with a bunch of good accessories at a great price point. Bell Qualifier is a feature-packed product. Its second generation is even more Lightweight with sleek performance and more new, improved features.
Its body is made up of a Polycarbonate shell, and its shape plays an important role in making the head sit comfortably during the ride, even at high speed. It is because of the aerodynamic body of the helmet.
The Bell Qualifier DLX has an adjustable system that intakes the air from the front of the helmet. As a result, air passes through the helmet for both ventilation and coolness for the rider. The interior consists of moister wicking material which is removable and also washable for worry-free use for years.
There are branded chin covers, and breath defectors include with the helmet. You will get a five-year guarantee in case of any accidental damage to the helmet. The Qualifier DLX is a great protection offering helmet as it is certified by DOT and ECE.
- Lightweight: The Bell Qualifier helmet shell is made of polycarbonate, which makes it lightweight.
- Various Shell Sizes: There are three shell sizes available for this helmet: SM, MD, LG.
- Fog-Resistant: The breath deflector is added to it to banish the fog factor on the helmet’s visor.
- UV-Resistant: It has a clear and dark smoke face shield that provides you better visibility and protects you from the sunlight.
- Safety Certified: Safety approved by ECE & DOT.
As for a beginner helmet, Bell Qualifier DLX is a simple yet best helmet you can buy from both aspects of featured-packed and great price.
The brand new AGV K1 is a budget-friendly beginner helmet for people who want to ride longer and have adventures.
The main features of AGV k1 are its ventilation system, a top spoiler, and aerodynamic shape. The spoiler and shape work together to provide aerodynamic stability for speed and better handling. Along with the spoiler, rear open ports allow the warm air to leave to keep the helmet cool for ventilation.
AGV K1 is also the name of safety. The shell is made up of high resistance thermoplastic resin (HIR-TH). This product is focused on the safety of the rider. It consists of more than one protective layer and has great impact control.
The shape of the AGV K1 helmet itself is designed to withstand the impact in the safest manner possible. Therefore, it is mainly focused on the protection of the rider in the time of dangerous situation.
The face shield of AGV K1 can be removed without the help of tools by using the x-tra Quick release visor mechanism (XQRS). In addition, all the inner modulus of the helmet, such as cheek pads, is removable and washable as well.
They are sanitized and completely made up of dry fabric. In addition, the base of AGV K1 is contoured to provide more protection to the neck in case of injuries.
- Safety Certified: This helmet is DOT certified, which means that it is legally approved to use without danger.
- Washable: Made up of Dry-lex fabric and can easily be washed as it has a completely removable and washable inner structure and cheek pads.
- Various Shell and EPS Sizes: It comes with two shell sizes and 4 EPS sizes that can fit every size.
- D-ring Fastener: The K1 has a double-D chain ring fastener which creates a tight strip that is very resistible.
- Aerodynamic Design: This helmet is specifically designed in an aerodynamic shape and contoured around the base to reduce the chances of your collarbone injuries.
If you are in search of a good budget Beginner helmet, then AGV K1 comes first. It will provide you protection as well as complete stability.
If you want a new aggressive look beyond the normal ride, Then the Icon Airflite helmet is specially made up for that purpose. The goal of Icon Airflite is to make you look mean and aggressive doesn’t matter what kind of motorcycle you are riding.
It consists of chin vents that allow air to pass through and keep you ventilated and fresh. In addition, its face shield is very effective in keeping the sun rays out of the helmet to keep the interior cool and protected.
The shell of the icon airlift is made of a polycarbonate structure. It has a big ghosted spoiled at the back and comes in three different shell sizes only in a price range of only 250 dollars.
Icon Airflite has a face shield that will protect you from both sun and fog, which is also replaceable in time of need. Although the face shield is removable, the side plates and moisture-wicking liner can also be removed.
In addition, the molded breath deflector and chin curtain play apart to prevent air from trapping inside so you can remain fresh.
- Durable: Polycarbonate shell that makes it sturdy and durable.
- Anti-fog face shield: This amazing helmet features a fog-free optics shield that makes your view clear.
- Secure Ride: Designed with a Double-D ring fastener and is certified by DOT and ECE.
- Clear Vision: A fog-free sun visor does not compromise vision.
- Aerodynamic Design: Aerodynamic built makes it ideal for racers.
The helmet can give you all the features and a real aggressive look to make you look like a cool and fast rider; the icon Airflite helmet is the only way to go.
Things To Consider When Buying A Motorcycle Helmet As A Beginner
When it comes to motorcycle helmets, safety is on top of the list. Therefore, it would be best if you buy the helmets that give you the protection you require.
To make sure that the helmet is safe, you should check that the helmet you are about to buy has passed local regulation, like for America it should have passed DOT (Department Of Transportation), for Europe ECE (Economic Commission for Europe), and other regulation of other areas.
A good motorcycle helmet is made up of good materials. Many materials are used for manufacturing helmets, but we found the best materials for helmets despite all of them.
Polycarbonates are thermoplastics polymers that contain groups of carbonates in their chemical structure. These are strong materials, and some are transparent.
Thermoplastics are (plastic) polymer materials that become moldable at a certain temperature and become hard when they are cooled.
- Carbon Steel
Carbon Steel is also known as hardened steel. This material is heated then quenched by tempering, which results in forming a very hard and strong material that is not scratch-able.
Fit & Comfortable
To ensure that your helmet is fit and comfortable to wear, you should keep the following things in your minds,
- Size: The motorcycle helmets come in various sizes. You should find the size that fits you, and no corner is left empty while you are riding.
- Head: You should first note down the size of your head and then choose the best one according to the size.
- Customizable: You should check that the helmet is customizable because often, helmets come with a removable section.
- Weight: When it comes to comfort, the thing that matters is the weight of the helmet. The lighter the helmet, the more comfortable it is.
What is the best motorcycle helmet for beginners?
There are plenty of options for the beginner that will provide you an amazing protection rate. The best beginner helmet of 2021 is Shoei RF-SR Motorcycle Helmet.
What is the best motorcycle helmet for money?
The motorcycle helmets come in different price ranges. But if you are looking for a cheap helmet and provides you with a good protection rate, you don’t need to look any further because the helmet you are looking for is HJC CL-17 Motorcycle Helmet.
The HJC CL-17 Motorcycle Helmet comes with a removable liner and a better ventilation system, preventing skin rashes caused by sweating. Also, it gives the same protection as the expensive ones, which is an amazing feature at an affordable rate.
How to choose your first beginner motorcycle helmet?
If you are about to buy a motorcycle beginner helmet, you should check some factors before doing so.
- Protection: You should check that the helmet is protective enough to save you from road crashes and accidents.
- Type: You should choose the type of helmets you want, as there are different helmet types in the market. You should choose one according to the safety rating, but we recommend purchasing the full-face helmet because the safety depends on the coverage.
Based on thorough research, we have concluded that wearing helmets is one major precaution while riding a motorcycle. As a result, the issue of serious accidents has reduced to a great limit. It shows that how important wearing a helmet is.
There is a huge variety of helmets in the market. We have done a lot of research on some of the best review-based helmets in the market. We have discussed the description of these helmets in detail so that you can know more.
These helmets are highest-rated and are under your budget. We highly recommend you to have one of the helmets we stated earlier.