A motorcycle ride is considered one of the most dangerous rides that often leads to a severe injury. It is very important to consider safety before going on the road. A helmet should be the most prior thing to carry with you while riding a bike to protect you from any head injury.
Many types of researches have been conducted to support the claim. An Australian statistician Jake Oliver reviewed that use of helmets has reduced the number of injuries. The best of these products have been selected for you.
This amazing helmet has a lightweight shell of polycarbonate, which makes it easy to use for your journeys. The two shell sizes and cheek pads are its additional features.
This helmet has a padded wind collar which helps reduce the wind pressure and helps decrease the road noise to make your ride comfortable. The ventilation system of the product that ensures cooling makes it worth buying.
It has a removable interior which can be washed as well, so don’t’ worry about its maintenance. Also, enjoy your ride while listening to music as it has speaker pockets integrated within.
This product is the best choice for you as it won’t suffocate you, and the chin curtain along with the breadth deflector will help you reach your destination with ease and comfort. This helmet approved and certified by DOT and ECE comes with a five-year warranty, so go ahead and invest in it.
- Lightweight: Made from a lightweight polycarbonate shell, which makes it easy to use for long journeys.
- Additional Specs: Comes with two shell sizes and cheek pads.
- Ventilation System: The adjustable ventilation system of the helmet ensures cooling and makes it worth buying.
- Certified for Safety: Safety certified by DOT & ECE.
This product is recommended to you since it’s budget-friendly and makes it a perfect choice for you, providing maximum advantages within your pocket limits.
This helmet is made with fiberglass composite and a sturdy exterior and is considered among the best sports helmets. This easy-to-use and lightweight helmet feature the Advanced Channeling Ventilation System (ACS), and many riders swear by its efficient ventilation.
HJC has used anti-bacterial lining on the inside pads, which are great in wicking sweat, hence gives a comfortable dry feel. It also has emergency release technology which is usually found in expensive helmets. Still, HJC has introduced that feature at this low price to ensure the rider’s safety during an accident.
In addition to that, a drop-down sun visor, breath deflector, and integrated chin curtains are some of the highlighted features of this low-priced yet functional motor gear.
- Lightweight: Composed of lightweight fiberglass.
- ACS: Features Advanced Channeling Ventilation System for ease of use.
- Chin Curtains: This helmet features chin curtains that allow the air to pass to eliminate fog.
- Modern Design: Aerodynamic and CAD-built shape offer better vision.
- Protective Shield: Face shield offers 95% UV protection.
- D- Ring Strap: Comes with a D-ring strap for better grip and closure.
At first glance, you might take HCJ F70 as a basic helmet, but once you take a look at its features and functionality, you’ll be surprised to see the functions it offers at such affordable rates. So, if you are on a budget and want a sleek-looking helmet, this is your best shot!
This AGV K3 SV helmet mimics the original K3 helmet in features and design. This helmet is considered among the best motorcycle gear on a budget with a sleek drop-down sun visor and Bluetooth-ready speakers.
Its face shield is designed with Parametrical Visor Seal that offers optimal protection against the weather and wind. The inner cheek pads and liners are made to be removable for ease of wash and cleaning. It comes in 2 shell sizes and four EPS sizes to make it suitable for people of different sizes. Hence the person wearing the helmet feels like it is custom-made as per his/her size.
- Various Shell and EPS Sizes: Available in 2 shells and 4 EPS sizes optimized with a system called FEM (Finite Elements Analysis).
- HIR-TH: Constructed with High Resistance Thermoplastic Resin for sturdiness.
- Ventilation System: An efficient ventilation system features a wind tunnel and multiple vents.
- Certified for Safety: Safety certified by DOT.
- Emergency Quick Release System: Extra Quick Release System with a tool-free visor mechanism for emergencies.
- Noiseless: PVS (Parametrical Visor Seal) mechanism for noise reduction and protection.
With industry-leading High Resistance Thermoplastic Resin construction and aerodynamic design, this helmet is a decent option at this rate. It claims to provide the rider the safety and comfort they need while ensuring a clear vision in all weather conditions.
This is the most affordable model from this brand and is as good as other expensive helmets. It is a mix of fiberglass and aramid fiber-made shell and comes in three different sizes for easy fit.
Its aerodynamic structure reduces any disturbances and offers riders a smooth and comfortable ride. Ventilation in this gear is top-notch. It is designed with a dual-density EPS liner with sleek-looking cut-out channels for the air to flow through the helmet.
Similar to other models, its interior pads are also removable and washable but what is new in this model is the removable chin pad that seals the helmet’s bottom to reduce noise.
- Lightweight: Light-weight and sturdy fiberglass and aramid fiber construction.
- 3 Shell & 4 EPS Sizes: Comes in three shell sizes and 4 EPS liner sizes.
- Face Shield: Anti-scratch and pin-lock-ready face shield.
- Ventilation System: Multiple vent channels for airflow.
- Certified for Security: Approved by DOT and ECE for safety features.
This helmet has been made to our list of best helmets under 300 because of its comfort, light-weightiness, affordability, and safety-approved certification. In addition to being efficient in ventilation, it also comes in 3 distinguished shell sizes and 4 EPS liner sizes. With all of these features, we think it is a great buy in 300 bucks.
The Icon Airmada Helmet has introduced a new and improved helmet that gives a personalized fit to the riders. This amazing helmet is available in 4 shell sizes. The oval head form ensures your comfort while you ride the motorcycle.
The shell is made up of molded polycarbonate, which further relieves you with the stress of the helmet’s weight. It allows you to use the helmet for a long time as it is durable and much safer to use.
Now enjoy your ride on cold foggy nights as this amazing helmet features a fog-free optics shield that makes your view crystal clear. Now travel with your family freely and have a safe journey. This shield comes with a PRO-LOCK shield locking system, so go ahead and buy it.
Riding motorcycles may become difficult in extremely hot weather. The Icon helmet comes in handy in a situation like that. It has an adjustable venting system for the chin and forehead. This system helps adjust the temperature so that you can ride in comfort and ease.
- Various Shell Sizes: This amazing helmet is available in 4 shell sizes. The oval head form ensures your comfort while you ride the motorcycle.
- Fog-free Optical Shield: This amazing helmet features a fog-free optics shield that makes your view crystal clear.
- Pro-Lock Shield: This helmet comes with a PRO-LOCK shield locking system that protects you against any accident.
- Adjustable Venting System: It has an adjustable venting system for the chin and forehead, which helps adjust the temperature according to your need.
Icon Airmada is one of the best helmets that prevent foggy views in winters and have a good venting system for summers. So don’t waste any further time and invest in this all-in-one product immediately.
The new helmet comes with many features. This helmet is a perfect choice, especially for those people who ride in the summers. The integrated ventilation system was designed specifically for hotter weather conditions. It comes with five front vents and two rear extractor vents to function as a whole ventilating system.
The face shield is designed to protect you from any external damages and UV radiation. It is scratch-resistant and anti-fog, which makes it look new and clean for a long.
This amazing helmet is approved by DOT and has a micro-opening visor. To further enhance its safety, it comes with a chinstrap of a double-D ring. So now, it will hold onto you if you meet an accident. It is fixed and properly attached around the base to provide you complete protection. Hence reducing the risk of injuries to your collarbones.
- Ventilation System: It comes with five front vents and two rear extractor vents to function as a complete ventilating system, designed specifically for hotter weather conditions.
- Various Shield Sizes: The face shield is designed to protect you from any external damages and UV radiation. It is scratch-resistant, anti-fog, and comes in two sizes.
- Certified for Safety: This amazing helmet is approved by DOT and has a micro-opening visor.
This product is one of the most rated products due to its friendly usage. It gives you comfort and protection altogether.
You have got the right place if you are looking for one of the best helmets. This helmet features an internal sun shield that provides you with comfort and lets you enjoy your ride.
It is made from an injection molded polycarbonate shell. This amazing helmet has multiple features in one. It has a fully removable lining along with a chin deflector. The double D-ring allows a safe and secure ride with strong fastening for you.
This helmet is not only multi-featured but also has an attractive appearance. This good-quality helmet is covered with metallic paint and also gives a matte finish. The controlled airflow ventilation allows you to use it in extreme weather conditions as well. So go ahead and invest in this DOT-approved product.
- Certified for Safety: DOT approves this amazing helmet for security.
- UV Protection: This helmet features an internal sun shield that provides comfort and lets you enjoy your ride.
- Secure Ride: The double D-ring allows a safe and secure ride with strong fastening for you.
- Integrated Sena System: Pre-installed sena system helps you install speakers, mic, and control units at your ease.
This is one of the most user-friendly helmets on the list. Now you can enjoy your ride with an attractive-looking helmet along with the features it provides.
This helmet has been designed to replace heavy and uncomfortable helmets. The fiberglass used in the helmet makes it lightweight, making your ride comfortable and fun. So, enjoy the ride without worrying about carrying a heavy helmet. The shell construction is also done in such a way to ensure the ease of the user.
There are three shell and three EPS sizes available for this helmet. It also comprises a Panavision shield with class one optics making it worth investing in.
This helmet is designed to make your ride comfortable, and it also has EPS speaker pockets and double D-ring closure. Now you can enjoy your favorite music and turn your boring ride into fun.
It comes with a five-year warranty and has a chin curtain, giving you a comfortable and stress-free ride on your motorcycle. So grab this opportunity and get your helmet immediately.
- Lightweight & Comfortable: The fiberglass used in the helmet makes it lightweight, making your ride comfortable and fun.
- Various Shell Sizes & EPS Sizes: There are three shell and three EPS sizes available for this helmet.
- Panavision shield: It comprises a Panavision shield with class one optics making it worth investing in.
- Recessed EPS Speaker Pockets: Now, you can enjoy your favorite music on the ride and turn your boring ride into fun, with EPS speaker pockets available in the helmet.
- 5 Years Warranty: This helmet comes with a five-year warranty, which certifies its quality.
This helmet is designed to ease your motorcycle rides, as it is light to carry and comes with speaker pockets, which makes the ride more fun.
If you want an affordable helmet with high-end features and safety measures, then you cannot find a better match than Icon’s Airflite helmet. Its polycarbonate shell is lined with hydra-dry removable and washable pads on the inside, which absorbs the moisture and makes it breathable.
It is designed with a Double-D ring fastener and is certified by DOT and ECE to ensure safety. It offers everything from protection to ventilation through a central vent that mimics motocross helmets. It also features an anti-fog face shield, offers ease and comfort in all weather conditions, be it summers or winters.
In addition to that, it is available in multiple sizes to fit any size. The only downside is that it lacks an emergency release system but other than that, it is a decent option in motor gear at this price.
- Durable: Polycarbonate shell that makes it sturdy and durable.
- Multiple Sizes: It is available in multiple sizes to fit any size.
- Anti-fog face shield: This amazing helmet features a fog-free optics shield that makes your view clear.
- Chin curtain: This helmet features chin curtains that allow the air to pass to eliminate fog.
- Secure Ride: To ensure safety, it is designed with a Double-D ring fastener and is certified by DOT and ECE.
- Clear Vision: A fog-free sun visor does not compromise the vision.
- Aerodynamic Design: Aerodynamic built makes it ideal for racers.
Its manufacturers have put a great deal of care, thought, and engineering into making this helmet from design to features. With the eye-catchy design and functionality it offers, it makes an awesome deal at this budget-friendly price.
Things to Consider Before Buying A Motorcycle Helmet
When you invest, you always make sure to get the best possible output from the investment. You should check some of the factors before finalizing the helmet. Some of these factors are as follows.
While driving a motorcycle, it is important to make sure that the helmet you use should be visible enough to drive. Otherwise, how do you expect to drive properly? You might have seen some of the helmets, which have additional goggles for protection from dust or insects. So having a helmet with good visibility is a necessary condition for looking before buying a helmet.
It is a fact that a loose helmet would continue to sway over your head, and a tight would make you uncomfortable. So, you have to look for the size of the helmet before buying it. Helmets come in different sizes, but you should go for the one, which is more comfortable and is designed to fit the shape of the head.
We believe that you would never like a helmet that has a less attractive design and color combination. You usually have a color preference for your helmet that is relative to the motorcycle. Similarly, a cool-looking design tends to attract you and makes the driving cooler.
A helmet needs to be hard enough to protect the head in case of an accident. Similarly, it should be reliable enough to survive an impact when it comes to striking the ground. Helmets are exposed to the atmosphere, so they should be made up of reliable material.
Which is the better modular or full-face helmet?
This depends upon the region where you use your helmet and the driving sense of the people. If your concern is safety, then a full-face helmet is the best possible solution. It protects the entire head and face. A modular helmet is good to use if you wish to have a clear view with ease of wearing and removing.
Are expensive bike helmets worth it?
Well, this depends upon the use of a helmet. If you have to travel for an extended period, then an expensive helmet is a better option. The reason is that these helmets are more comfortable and light in weight than the cheap ones. However, if your use of the helmet is less than a cheap helmet would do the task as well.
Is ventilation important in a helmet?
Yes, suppose you are driving in the summers, and your helmet is closely packed. So how do you expect to receive the necessary air inside the helmet? Some helmets are designed with ventilation mechanisms for proper airflow.
Why are bike helmets so expensive?
There are several reasons for bike helmets to be expensive. First of all, their purpose is to protect the user; hence they are made up of premium quality materials. Similarly, helmets are designed with attractive shapes and colors for cool looks. Moreover, the inside of the helmet is ergonomic and comfortable, so they are usually expensive to get.
Bike gears and accessories can be very expensive, especially the helmets, which are the most important piece one has to buy. It is not wise to get a helmet for which you have to break the bank; finding the right balance between safety and price is the main key.
But do not worry; adding a decent helmet to your collection will not cost you a fortune because you can benefit from our list of the best helmets under $300.
We hope that it had been a helpful read for you and you have found yourself a lid that will keep you safe and comfortable within a few hundred bucks.